Bruno Gabbiani is engaged in his professional activity, the cultural promotion and the creation of cooperation relationships between architects and their clients both of the private and public branches, managers of public bodies and university researchers. Through its teacher activity and free-lance journalist and his attendance at professional bodies and Italian and international boards, Bruno Gabbiani always aimed to transmit the culture values of the plan, in order to train architects and other professionals to the mutual respect of roles and abilities.
Education and qualifications
- University degree in architecture at Istituto Universitario d'Architettura di Venezia - IUAV
- Qualification at Politecnico di Milano
- On the roll of architects of Vicenza
- Supervisor of exhibits about restoration and preservation of cultural heritage
- Speaker at conventions on restoration and cataloguing of the villas of Veneto (Ville Venete) and the historic centers
- Head and teacher of the one-year postgraduate course for architects and engineers "Preservation and restoration plan of architectural heritage" ("Il progetto di conservazione e restauro dei beni architettonici"), organized by CONFPROFESSIONI Veneto (Italian Trade Union Confederation of Professionals of Veneto), together with CUOA (postgraduate school of in-deep-studies) of Altavilla Vicentina, Politecnico di Milano and IUAV, from 1997 to 2001
- Visiting professor at the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Zagreb (Croatia), summer courses, 1995-1998
- Educational and scientific activity at the course of ergonomics of architecture of the University Institute of Architecture of Venice, 1994-1996
- Educational and scientific activity at the course of technology of architecture of the University Institute of Architecture of Venice, 1991-1994
- Teacher at the 2nd postgraduate course in restoration, University Institute of Architecture of Venice, 1989
- Educational and scientific activity at the department of science and technique of restoration of the University Institute of Architecture of Venice, course of architectural restoration, 1981-1995
- Speaker in many lectures in Italy and abroad on subjects about architecture, restoration, trade centers and professional matters
- "La Villa Thiene di Quinto Vicentino: Palladio, Muttoni e i resti quattrocenteschi", published in the volume "Palladio, materiali tecniche restauri", Venice, Marsilio, 2011
- "Le Ville della Provincia di Rovigo. Insediamenti nel Polesine", Venezia, Marsilio, 2000, (editorship) (villas of the province of Rovigo (Italy). Settlements in Polesine)
- "L'Antica Chiesetta di S. Margherita in Rotzo (VI), (Storia, Progetto, Restauro)" Vicenza, 2000 [the ancient church of St. Margherita in Rotzo (Vicenza - Italy), (history, plan and restoration)]
- "Villa Thiene - Andrea Palladio - Il restauro", Quinto Vicentino (VI), 2000; (Villa Thiene - Andrea Palladio - Its restoration)
- "La villa da Porto di Montorso Vicentino, a cinque secoli dalla nascita di Luigi da Porto. Metodologia di studio per il restauro", Vicenza, 1987 [Villa da Porto at Montorso Vicentino (Vicenza - Italy), five centuries after the birth of Luigi da Porto. Methods of survey for its restoration]
- Author of many articles on subjects of architecture and professions and supervisor of periodical columns on national papers, among which: Ottagono, Modulo, Recupero e Conservazione, Italia Oggi, il Nuovo Cantiere, Imprese Edili, Inarcassa, Il Giornale dell'Architettura, Chiesa Oggi.
Cultural activities promoted by Bruno Gabbiani were issued among others by Interior, AD, L'Arca, GAP, Il Giornale dell'Architettura, Abitare, OfArch, Casabella, Ottagono, Il Sole 24 ore, Italia Oggi, Corriere della Sera, etc.